Monday, December 22, 2008

Emerging Media Trends


One of the first posts of this Blog was entitled "What I do Know." In that post I spoke vaguely of the power of web sites, social networking and blue tooth technology. At that point in time I was sure that social networking sites were the way to start a buzz and that emerging media were a trend not to be ignored. As I have progressed, studied and researched I have stumbled across facts that contradict my initial thoughts, but one thing remains true; emerging media is something that is here to stay and without proper knowledge and utilization, marketing campaigns will not be able to compete with those that effectively and efficiently make the most of this media. Further, I would like to offer my prespective on the future of emerging media.

50 years from now, instead of seeing a media mix that is primarily divided so that broadcast and print have the majority of allocation, we will see that non traditional and electronic communications will receive the majority of allocation. I believe that as consumers become more and more hurried and the world continues to speed along, traditional media will be pushed to the side, but not be trampled on and lost. Television, print and radio advertising will still be around but non traditional approaches and electronic communications will be the leader in terms of monies spent and allocated and will generate a significantly higher ROI than more traditional media.

The 2007 Marketer Profiles Yearbook reported that in terms of expenditures, traditional media has grown by a mere 0.6%, which is the smallest gain in traditional media since the 2001 recession. Additionally, P&G CEO A.G. Lafley Jr. stated that advertising spending has shifted from traditional media to spending on internet advertising, in store and trail activity. When domestic advertising spending is compared between 2005 and 2006, the percentage of gain for the internet is higher than TV or print. Even though spending is less on the Internet, the medium gained 17.3% between 2005 and 2006, cable television only gained 3.4% and local magazines only 7.9%. This trend shows that electronic communications is prevalent and through time, perhaps 50 years, will surpass over traditional media.

Fascinatingly, in this fast passed world, technology has allowed the consumer to absorb the same amount of information in 1 year that took 100 years in the 17th Century. It has become our culture to operate at an extremely face pace which ultimately will result in traditional media being pushed to the side and marketing to follow the new culture that will reflect the changing consumer.

In an article entitled “Marketing in Accelerated Culture,” Jay Patissal explains that “Agencies and marketers must develop and implement ideas for fastpace” (Pattisall, 2006). According to Pattisall, through the coming years we will see the development of marketers becoming savvy on utilizing the internet and creating quick advertisements. Broadcast and print will continue to maintain the same or slightly lower rates and it is not likely that any of the traditional media today will become overly antiquated.

References

Pattisall, J. (2006, March 21). Marketing in accelerated culture. MarketingProfs. Retrieved October 27, 2008 from http://www.marketingprofs.com/6/pattisall1.asp.

Advertising Age Data Center 2007 Marketers Profiles Yearbook. (2007, June 25). 1-104.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I'M NOW FULFILL FINANCIALLY BECAUSE OF THE LOAN I GOT FROM LFDS .I would like to bring this to the notice of the public about how i came in contact with LFDS after i lost my job and being denied loan by my bank and other financial institution due to my credit score. I could not pay my children's fees. I was behind on bills, about to be thrown out of the house due to my inability to pay my rent, It was during this period my kids were taken from me by foster care. Then i set out to seek for funds online where i lost $3,670 that i borrowed from friends which i was rip off by two online loan companies. Until i read about:Le_Meridian Funding Service  (lfdsloans@outlook.com / lfdsloans@lemeridianfds.com) somewhere on the internet, Still wasn't convince because of what i have been through until a relative of mine who is a clergy also told me about the ongoing loan scheme of LFDS at a very low interest rate of 1.9%% and lovely repayment terms without penalty for default of payment. I have no choice than to also contact them which i did through text +1-989-394-3740 and Mr Benjamin responded back to me That day was the I'M best and greatest day of my life which can never be forgotten when i receive a credit alert of $400,000.00 Usd loan amount i applied for. I utilized the loan effectively to pay up my debts and to start up a business and today i and my kids are so happy and fulfill. You can as well contact them through email: (lfdsloans@outlook.com / lfdsloans@lemeridianfds.com)  WhatsApptext  helpline: +1-989-394-3740 Why am i doing this? I am doing this to save as many that are in need of a loan not to be victim of scams on the internet. Thanks and God bless you all, I'm Oleksander Artem from Horizon Park BC , Ukrain.

Robinsen Clerk said...

The definition of emerging media is an innovative and interactive technology. Used to share ideas and communicate with others. Digital television, webcasting, podcasting, cell phones, blogs, gaming, social media and networking sites. Emerging media is a dynamic technology.